Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The OCM Challenge!

OK! So after reading onegoodthingbyjillee on the Oil Cleansing Method I decided to give it a go!
I usually have oily skin even after I wash and am constantly fighting that shiny face look...
I have been using JoJoba Oil instead of Extra Virgin Oil because I couldn't bring myself to put EVO on my face...I also added in a few drops of Tea Tree Oil in too..maybe like 3 drops in a 4-5 ounce bottle.

The combination I used was 2ounces of the Castor Oil and 1ounce of the Jojoba, the a few drops of the Tea Tree Oil...I really like this combination! My skin feels really good, too! Most of the oily and greasy feeling is gone, I say that because I don't think it will go away till I stop working with fryers so I am happy right now...

I read a few other bloggs on this method and saw that a few people said it made them break out with lots of black heads and stuff and I had a thought on this..Its not that it makes you break out I think its more of it brings them to the surface..I did notice at first that my black heads were more notice able but after a few days of doing this a few times they seem to be going a way....Then again I am also Cheating a bit too......lol.....I will get to that in a moment....

OK so I suggest reading the onegoodthingbyjillee link that I have and also reading the other links that she has posted just to get all the info you can so you know if this is something you really want to do....
What I like is that there really is no limit on how much or how often this can be done...even though I usually only do this at night after work but sometimes I will also do this in the morning or just when ever I feel I need to.....
So what you do is mix your combination..my suggestion is to get  a bottle to pre-make a bit to try out...I got a 5oz bottle to do this with...pour some in your hands and massage gently onto face for a minute or so then steam your face with a warm ( or how ever warm you can stand), then repeat till you are satisfied...next you will rinse your towel and wipe your face of the excess oil..then you are supposed to rinse your towel in cool water to help shrink your pores...now what I will do every now and then is use a pore strip..on my nose and chin to help..then use the cool towel...now that is just me and you can do what you would like...
I will note this I have this odd pore on my right cheek that is really big and deep that I have  not been able to get anything out of but just recently was able to get part of a black head out and seems less noticeable...so I am happy!!!


OH OH before I forget you can also use this before you take a shower to steam your face then wipe it off while in the shower...just in case this may seem easier for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment